Dr. Mackenzie Orthodontist
Dr. Liliya Nikolcheva Mackenzie
Certified Specialist (Orthodontics)
Dr MacKenzie has a practice limited to Orthodontics. She received her Orthodontic certification from the University of Rochester and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. She has a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science degree from Mount Allison University and a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from McGill University. Dr. Liliya is an Invisalign Top 1% Diamond Plus Provider and a Speaker for Align Technology. She’s passionate about teaching Invisalign techniques to Dentists and Orthodontists.
Dr. Liliya MacKenzie has been practicing orthodontics since 2009. She is the author of over 20 scientific papers.
She has been shortlisted four times in an international Invisalign competition. She gives Invisalign courses to general dentists and orthodontists.
Dr. MacKenzie grew up in Bulgaria and came to Canada to study at Mount Allison University. She graduated at the top of her class and won the Gold Medal in Biology as well as the Governor General’s Gold Medal award, the highest academic honour in Canada.
She earned her dental degree from McGill University where she won over 20 academic and clinical awards including the Thornton Gold Medal in Dentistry and the Award for Clinical Excellence. She specialized in Orthodontics at the University of Rochester in New York, where she won the Strong Star of Excellence for Clinical Care.
Dr. MacKenzie is a member of the Canadian Association of Orthodontists, the Northeastern Society of Orthodontists, the Canadian Dental Association and the New Brunswick Dental Society. She is on the Align Technology Orthodontic Faculty and teaches Invisalign techniques to dentists and orthodontists. She is also the orthodontist on the Cleft Lip and Palate Team at the Saint John Regional Hospital.
Dr. MacKenzie was an assistant professor at Dalhousie University where she taught clinical and theoretical orthodontics to dental students. She is currently a content expert in Orthodontics for the National Dental Examining Board.
ORTHODONTIC LECTURES AND SEMINARS GIVEN BY DR. MACKENZIE
- “Phase I treatment with Invisalign” – course for general dentists in Saint John, NB, 2020
- “Improving the efficiency of treatment with Invisalign” – course for general dentists in Moncton, NB, 2019
- “Treatment of skeletal Class II malocclusion with Invisalign” – course for orthodontists in Quebec City, QC, 2019
- “Treatment of moderate to severe deep bites with Invisalign” – course for general dentists in Quebec City, QC, 2019
- “Improving the patient experience with Invisalign” – Invisalign course for general dentists in Moncton, NB, 2019
- “Treatment of patients with moderate to severe crowding” – Invisalign course for general dentists in Halifax, NS, 2018
- “Growth modification and timing of treatment” – course for general dentists in Saint John, NB, 2019
- “Multi-disciplinary treatment planning” – course for general dentists in Saint John, NB, 2018
- “Treatment of moderately complex malocclusions” – Invisalign course for general dentists in Halifax, NS, 2016
- “Treatment of deep bites and open bites” – Invisalign course for orthodontists in Halifax, NS and St. John’s, NL, 2015
- “Orthodontic planning for restorative treatment” – Invisalign course for general dentists in St. John’s NL, 2015
- “Invisalign as a treatment for complex cases” – Fredericton Dental Symposium, 2015
- “Mini-implants in orthodontics” – Fredericton Dental Syposium, 2014
- “Pre-restorative treatment planning with Invisalign” – Saint John Dentists, 2013
- “Digital technology in orthodontics” – Canadian Association of Orthodontists, 2011
- “Digital impressions – implicaions for the orthodontic team member” – Dalhousie University continuing education, 2010
- “Digital technology in orthodontics” – Fredericton Dental Hygienist Association, 2010
- “Orthodontic exams by age 7” – NB Dental Assistants Association, 2010
DALHOUSE UNIVERSITY – FACULTY OF DENTISTRY LECTURES
Lectures to 3rd and 4th year dental students, 2011-2012
- “Management of missing lateral incisors”
- “Orthodontic treatment for congenitally missing teeth”
- “Diagnosis and management of impacted canines”
- “Prevention of impacted upper canines”
- “Periodontal and restorative benefits of orthodontic treatment”